Manufacturer of VARIVAS brand fishing line, Morris Co., Ltd., officially changed its company name to VARIVAS Co. Ltd. on September 1, 2021.
The name change comes on the heels of the 40-year anniversary of the company and its VARIVAS brand fishing line. In response to growing global recognition of it’s VARIVAS brand products, the company chose to formally change its name from Morris to VARIVAS.
Used by anglers in more than 70 countries, VARIVAS is a recognized leading Japanese fishing tackle manufacturer, specializing in hooks, terminal tackle, premium fishing line, and exquisitely crafted fishing rods.
– Morris Co., Ltd. fishing tackle manufacturer is established by Morio Arai in Japan.
– Morris Co., Ltd. launches VARIVAS brand fishing line.
1990 – In response to business expansion, company headquarters moved to Tsurugashima City, Saitama Prefecture, Japan.
1991 – Morris Co., Ltd. launch of GRAN brand fishing hooks.
1993 – Sales office in Kyushu, Japan is established.
1996 – In response to further growth and expansion, company headquarters relocates to Sakado City, Saitama Prefecture, Japan.
2005 – Company headquarters relocated to Iruma City, Saitama Prefecture, Japan, owing to continued growth and business expansion.
2006 – Morris Co., Ltd. begins manufacturing MORRIS GRAPHITE WORKS brand fishing rods.
2007 – Vietnamese subsidiary VARIVAS Vietnam Co., Ltd. is established.
2008 – Morris Co., Ltd. acquires fishing bait brand BASIC and launches productions of fishing bait.
– Ichiro Arai is appointed company president.
– Morris Co., Ltd. establishes Chinese subsidiary Weihai Co., Ltd.
– Morris Co., Ltd. launches North American direct to customer online sales website, www.varivas.fishing and North American business development office, VARIVAS America.
– 40th Anniversary of Morris Co., Ltd. and VARIVAS brand fishing line
2021 – September 1st, Morris Co., Ltd. company name officially changed to VARIVAS Co., Ltd.